1. To promote and Support networking among higher education researchers in the region.
2. To identify pertinent issues affecting higher education
3. To carry out relevant research aimed at improving higher education.
4. To publish and document information on higher education. 5. To advocate for the implementation of the research findings through influencing decision making within the higher education sector towards general development in African States.
• Governance Structures and Reform within higher education institutions
• Quality Assurance systems and structures within higher education system
• Accessibility to higher education by all segments of the society
• Match and Mismatch of higher education qualification in the job market.
• Research Funding and its effect to development of higher education and the society
1. Organize conferences to increase discourse and debate on thematic areas of concern.
2. Develop and carry out research projects for clients with common ideals of making higher education relevant to world of work and society.
3. Facilitate and promote publications on higher education research.
4. Organize public debates and produce position papers on current and critical affairs of the society.
5. Facilitate scholarship and support for masters and doctoral studies for Africans.
6. Geographical focus of research is primarily Africa, meaning that research objectives and results need to be strategic to Africa.